Thursday, January 25, 2007

Exhaustion

I said how I envisioned the future....
I said how much I missed them when they're gone...
I said how I possibly felt...
I said practically everything that has gone through my head....

... turns out that's where it should have stayed.

I'm so tired...
so tired of learning to breathe.


3 comments:

  1. Oh, Aubs. I'm so sorry.
    You know, I've not seen you since the semester began. Please stop by and say hi. I've got two stacks of pennies on my desk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When a man inhales,
    his chest rises.
    A deep breath, a prepared sigh
    is a physical surrender.
    He opens himself,
    presents, and becomes vulnerable.
    Once the breath is taken in,
    there is still one last chance -
    one can still decide to forego the sigh,
    to retain the breath and leave himself open
    and his chest uplifted.
    If he, defeated, chooses to exhale
    so that his chest collapses, his shoulders hunch and
    he becomes closed,
    He can always choose to breathe in again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Breathing in
    and breathing out.
    Inhale, exhale.
    What is uttered on the breath and what is absorbed when we breathe in?
    We do it all day long.
    In. Out. In. Out.
    A gift and a thank you. A gift and a thank you. A gift and a thank you.
    An endless conversation. All day long. As the sun is rising. As it climbs in the sky. In the heat of the day. At sunset. At bedtime.
    As we sleep and our side of the conversation quiets,
    the other side continues.
    He never slumbers, but sings over me through the night, a lullaby.

    A promise to love me all day long and sing songs all through the night.
    My life is God’s prayer.

    ReplyDelete