Saturday, September 10, 2005

Pleasant Reminder

"The Lord, He is the One who goes before you. He will be with you."
-Deuteronomy 31:8

I wanted to share a piece from my personal journal that I wrote while on my weekend getaway with the Lord...

August 14th, 2005
This "getaway" was exactly what I needed. Besides the fact that I have a pounding headache, its all good :) I was having a rough time at first and I couldn't seem to rest, so I ended up calling my mother and that helped, but afterward, I wrote in here and felt a lot better. I then was able to finally rest and felt so much better when I woke up.
I read for awhile, but then headed out to the Nubble Lighthouse. It was absolutely breathtaking out there. After I got a couple of pictures, I just sat on a rock, taking in the crashing of the waves and the beautiful sunset.
As I was sitting there hoping to feel God with me and I was starting to lose hope, God sent me a sign in a little butterfly that slowly passed right in front of me. I was so overjoyed and comforted that I started to cry. That was so good. After I went closer to the crashing waves.
I decided to drive back and then walk down to a small beach called Ellis Park. It is so nice there. The park was amazing and as I was walking to the beach part, there was this 1940's Jazz Big Band playing in the gazebo and the sky was a perfect shade of tangerine. It was a beautiful backdrop to my walk in the sand. I felt peace...
I came back to my room and spent some more time in the Word and in prayer. God answered some of my questions and at times it was as if a light bulb turned on in my head. Because of this, I am ready to go back to school, for I know that I am walking in the Truth and my goal now is to be a child of the light. And although there will be times of discouragement, I know that God is on my side and will help me through. I've done what I could and I've laid it all at His feet for real.
He is in control now.
I wanted to share this, because it was a pleasant reminder for myself...I've been back to school for about 2 weeks now and its been decent...Its a different way to live, but its great...There have been times of discouragement, but as I was reading in my quiet time today, I was refreshed with God's promise to never leave me...He is here and re-reading that journal helped me to remember that. I know that even though sometimes I can't feel Him, He's here guiding the way through the fog...But the slight fog I could have walked through has been lifted and He has made my heart light yet again! Oh, how I love My Lord!!

No comments:

Post a Comment