"Endure hardship with us like a good soldier of Christ Jesus. No one serving as a soldier gets involved in civilian affairs-he wants to please his commanding officer." 2Timothy 2:3-4
In this passage, Paul is writing to Timothy and is telling him that yes, he will suffer and be persecuted for his faith in Christ Jesus, but we need to take up our suffering and continue to offer it to God. We need to not try and please others, but we want to please our Headmaster at all times, and that is God Almighty.
Ya know, I've been handed quite a lot of hardship over the past 3 months, and it has been rough. Its been emotionally draining. There have been times when I just wanted to give up. This weekend was another one of those times.
I hate when I get like that. I start to question EVERYTHING all the time...I over-analyze junk, read into things that aren't even there, and I end up driving myself even more crazy and hurting those I love...But I am so thankful that God has been working in me, cuz it could be a lot worse...
I have dealt with this so much better this past weekend, than I have in the past. I'm glad for that. I had an appointment today and that helped me to re-focus on what I need to work in in myself, and it showed me how much progress is being made.
I need to not put myself into the middle of things and confuse others...I need to not put people into the position where they feel they would have to stretch themselves into two directions. That just isn't fair, and it isn't my place.
So anyway, back to my point of this passage and how I am applying it to myself....
Yes, there are times of suffering, times when I want to give up and if this were a couple of months ago, I may have done just that, but God is teaching me so much, and he's helped me to stop and think before I make hasty decisions. He has shown me that I need to trust him, that He has brought me through all of this and this far for a reason. It would be stupid for me to give up. I would be selling my self short of the ultimate glory and blessing that He will get and I will receive at the end of this.
He's showing me that yes, as horrible as I am, He still loves me and loves to bless me. He will carry me through and be my rock when times get tough. He won't EVER give me anything that I won't be able to pull out of....These times are just a small test so that I can become stronger and a better servant for Him....
Man, I love knowing that everything is going to be so amazing!!
No comments:
Post a Comment