Thursday, March 10, 2005

Emotional Circles

"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, 'He is my refuge and my fortress; my God in whom I trust.'" Psalm 91:1-2

Today has been an up and down sort of day...I don't like these kind..No, not at all

I haven't exactly been feeling like I did in my last blog post, but after thinking things through, I realized that I need to turn to that and remind myself when I feel like this, because this is not how God has meant for me to feel forever. It will pass

I had a great quiet time not too long ago. It felt so good to spill everything to God. I haven't done that in awhile. It was nice to feel that I could be completely honest with Him. That releases a lot. I feel like I've handed Him my troubles and even though I have moments of despair, He will bring me through in the end.

Although I don't feel amazing, I feel refreshed and this verse helped me. It seems that I'm starting to go on a downslide when it comes to trusting, again. I'm so scared sometimes. So scared that what I want to happen wont, so scared that I'm going to be miserable for the rest of my life, so scared that I'll be alone... I don't want to be alone.

But then I read this verse, and many others like it, where it says that God will take care of me, I have no reason whatsoever to doubt Him, to not trust Him. In my own life, looking back on the past, I find that to be true. Every single time I have worried, He has given me the passions of my heart, even when I was so unworthy and so untrusting...What makes me think He would stop doing that now if its His will?

I guess the best thing is that even after every time I get down, after every time I doubt, I always come back to think that: yes, this is God's will, I truly believe it.
And if I truly believe that He is the Almighty Lord that I gave my life to, I need to believe that as hard as it may seem to see, He will most definitely get His will accomplished. How amazing is He?

There is a light at the end of this narrow, dark tunnel.

No comments:

Post a Comment