Saturday, January 14, 2006

Wasted Evening

It's sort of awkward when things almost become routine... and then it stops.

Have you ever wasted away your Friday evening, when you could have been out with the few friends you have, living up your last weekend at home... but instead you find yourself watching movies all alone, while you know others are doing what you should be?

I hate it when my heart sinks like this... For some reason, although when I look at the clock I know its well past time, I still find myself having a sliver of hope. Just one sound is all I'm looking for...but for a while I won't hear it from anything that is connected to me...

The silence in this room is quite deafening...

I hate that I've wasted another night waiting... just like a fool, a fool that I must be.

2 comments:

  1. Why do you say "you're a fool?" Fools give up and are hopeless. I see you as one that is hopeful, even when the thing or person you so badly want, seems like a hopeless desire. There's nothing wrong with having hope, but it's only when we lose or give up hope that we then become "foolish."

    Keep your head up and your eyes focused on the One and Only.

    Prov.3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will direct your paths." (NLT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind words of encouragement Mr./Ms. Anonymous :)

    ReplyDelete