Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Autumn Afternoon

"Direct me in the path of your commands, for there I find delight" -Psalm 119:35
So this is a random piece of my "creative writing" from this afternoon...

It is so calm here as I write. It feels amazing to have my hair softly flow across my face in the crisp fall breeze...

The sky is filled with softly puffed clouds with a hint of gray, while the edges are glowing with light pink, as the sun is beginning to fade into the night...

To some, this day feels like winter, but to me it brings about a freshness and the start of new things. There is something so romantic about it...

Just sitting here, watching the clouds pass as the leaves are rustled around by the wind, reminds me of home...

But this has become my new home and I am experiencing the changes I see in it every day...

Here at this bench, under a perfectly full tree, has become my own little corner of the world...

It is here that I've come to take in all of these simple things that God so beautifully made. But then when I think about how He created all of this, they become far more than simple. They become these extravagant beauties that I've so selfishly taken for granted...

But there is still beauty and I am so thankful that My Creator has so graciously allowed me to switch gears for a moment, pause...and embrace His greatness.

No comments:

Post a Comment