Thursday, July 28, 2005

Bottom Of The Ocean

"The mistakes I've made that cause pain,
I could have done without
All my selfish thought; all my pride
The things I hide You have forgot about
They are behind you
They'll never find you
They're on the ocean floor
Your sins are forgotten
They're on the bottom
They're out on the Ocean floor.*" -Audio adrenaline


Sometimes its hard to remember that EVERY SIN, once repented, has been forgotten by God...He's forgiven you before its been committed, for Christ died, but it needs to be repented...Once that happens, that sin is as far away from you as the ocean floor and all is forgotten....

I wonder why its so hard to convince ourselves of that? Its definitely hard when its a re-occurring sin, but its basically as if we are spitting in God's face saying "Who do You think You are? You're not big enough to take this filth away" when we dwell in our guilt...I don't like doing that and I know that I'm a repeat offender of this.

So, I stand in awe of how a God, creator of everything, decided to love me so much, inspite of the filthy things I would do and gave up His PERFECT creation to take the fall for my wrongdoing. I am overwhelmed by His mercy. To think that all that I have done wrong is at the the bottom of the ocean, where it can not be seen...that He has forgotten it all...

Now, if only humans could be more like God...

*(God speaking)

No comments:

Post a Comment