It's quiet here at the house as I try and figure what to write. Looking out the picture window brings a smile to my face as I watch the waves ripple in my direction... This is not your typical New England winter.
Between the moments of catching up on the sleep I missed all last week, I looked out the window of my airplane seat on Saturday, and was impressed with the landscape I saw. Until that moment, I don't think I've ever realized how beautiful New Hampshire really is. I wish everyone I love at CIU could experience it. At times I wish CIU were here, except for those times when I need space. I bet most I know haven't seen this kind of beauty...
Unfortunately, it doesn't seem that there will be any sort of snow for Christmas... which is just wrong in my book. It's been in the 50's all week, which is a nice "spring" day to NH. It doesn't seem right to have Christmas lights up and presents wrapped while the dirt on the ground is visible. Oh well, I guess the only way I'll get a White Christmas is to dream of one...
PS: At 8am this morning I got a phone call from my mother reminding me that 21 years ago at that time, she birthed me. Go mom!
happy birthday Aubsolute.
ReplyDelete21 years. I remember that day. I've now lived precisely twice that long. who'da thunk?
I was in New Hampshire a few times many years ago. Have to agree with your assessment of its beauty.
I hope your break is filled with beauty, quiet spirituality, aubsistic contemplation, and deep deep blessing.
Keep looking out the window.
I'm dreaming
ReplyDeleteOf a green Christmas..
Just like the ones I used to know...
Ha Ha. Here in GREENville I can only remember one white Christmas we ever had in the past 21 years. Anyway, I wish someday to see the beauty that you wrote about.