Monday, August 01, 2005

I've Lived With Jesus All Along

"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'"
-Matthew 25:40 (NIV)

Okay, so yes I will admit I've been a blogging fool! Seems like whenever I have a profound thought or experience I must write it down...Its nice though. I've gotten back into writing. I missed it...I really enjoy writing down everything that I'm feeling or experienced...I've always expressed myself best that way. Its nice to enjoy something when you've found that you're good at it...

Anywho...last night and today I experienced Jesus first hand! It was crazy..I didn't realize it was Him until just about 5 minutes ago. I just wanted to weep.

Ever since a friend of mine explained how they saw Jesus one day at work, I've been searching for Him. Really, I was looking everywhere I think...and then, I think I kind of just forgot about it.

It started with last night, as I was talking to a good friend from school, and image of Jesus walked into my room. The image placed 50$ on my Bible for my car to be fixed and then placed another 100$ to give to my mother to help with whatever it needed to go to...I was floored and tried to refuse, but they wouldn't accept my refusal. Come to find out, my mother needed EXACTLY 100$ to ger her new van on the road and that 50$ was a little extra than what I needed! I thought that was an awesome answer to prayer and blessing from God. But it didn't stop there...

Then as I was putting away the dishes and cleaning up after dinner tonight, the little girls in my house wanted to cut the tied down balloons from their mother's birthday, make a wish and set them free.
I didn't know it, but I was about to witness Jesus acting again as the mother said they would all need to agree on a wish to set them free...As soon as she caught my attention with that she said, "We should wish that all the children in the world who need a hug today would get one." I was floored.

This may not seem like much to you, but for someone to come out of left field with a comment like that was amazing to me. I actually thought of all the children in the world who do need a hug, who need to be loved. I started to tear up.

I look at my life and see how blessed I have been. I did not grow up well off or have the best of things, but I had a loving family and was blessed enough to be raised in a Christian home. I had it so much better than millions of children. I looked at how this image of Christ has blessed me so many times over. They are putting me through school and have put a roof over my head, food in my stomach, all for nothing in return. Then also to experience how her children do have everything, but yet she teaches them to remember those who are less fortunate. I want to be a mom like that, because to me that is a reflection of how God is a parent.

I am blessed beyond measure, am humbled by this experience and full of gratitude.

I stopped, prayed and thanked the Lord for revealing Himself to me, for letting me live with Him all this time and for granting my prayer of "eyes to see". That wasn't the way I had directed it, but I'm glad thats the way it was granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment