Thursday, July 07, 2005

Retraction of earlier today

"When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul."
- Psalm 94:19

So, my night was much better than my morning....

I went and spent a little "alone time" in Salem...I went to Barnes & Noble and checked out some books that I've been wanting to read...One, I've read before and I'll buy online, cuz its cheaper and I can't spend money right now the other two I'm considering getting in the future: What Christians Belive, By C.S. Lewis and Blue Like Jazz, by some dude! lol

It was nice to be alone and sit in a little comfy corner and read...I decided that I want to read more, that's on my list of goals for myself...Then I decided to get some coffee at Starbucks (YUCK)..and perhaps a little snack:) and was on my way...

As I was driving home, I decided to visit a friend of mine..in fact, I believe she must be one of the most amazing women that I've ever met. I didn't know that I could care so much for a friend the way I do for her. In fact, I get choked up just thinking of her...She holds a special place in my heart.

Anyway...I drove to her house and we watched the news for a bit and then she decided to take me for a ride...She took me to an amazing, beautiful and peaceful place that she likes to go to often. We walked around for awhile and just took in the calmness of the sea breaze and the architecture of the stone streets... Her company and my surroundings just comforted me and I was filled with joy...This is why I chose this passage.

Later on as we were driving back, She had a mad craving for an ice cream cone and made me get one too, (yeah, twist my arm..)...She was so funny when she saw the beast of an ice cream the boy gave us...She decided that from now on she should listen to me when I warn her!...

It was so nice to just laugh and create a bond with her..well with anyone really, but she's special... There is this unspoken bond and understanding between us..its weird really, but in a good way...A lot of it has to do with the fact that she has not once passed judgement on me... she doesn't even understand why things are the way they are...in fact she doesnt want to know...I like that about her. She loves me just the same when she doesnt even have to...I am so grateful.

So, in closing...I thank You Lord for Your comfort. For bringing and keeping certain people in my life when I don't deserve one bit of it. For letting me experience Joy at times...You are amazing. Thank You for letting me smile today, You didn't have to Lord...but for some reason, You did :)

I don't think my smile will fade :)


No comments:

Post a Comment